The top ten environmentally oriented U.S. campuses
For nearly a decade, the Sierra Club has rated universities and colleges across the country for their explicit commitment to the environment. Together with The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in High Education (aashe.org), the Club publishes its list in August. Looks like California has no less than four schools in the top ten!
Here are the valedictorians:
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Davis
- University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh
- Colorado State University
- Oberlin College
- University of Connecticut
- University of California, San Diego
- University of Washington
- Lewis & Clark College
- University of California, Berkeley
These are schools whose action-oriented programs incorporate a strong dose of optimism about what we can do to preserve the one and only planet we call home. Are you committed? From large city campus to small rural college, these programs shine. By the way, University of South Florida clocks in at number 11!